How to Write Clear, Concise Business Communications
This program will focus on these keys to good business writing:
• Using proper punctuation
• Correcting grammar problems
• Polishing your writing style.
For over 25 years, Dr. Janet Evans Worthington has taught business and technical writing to college students and professionals in business and industry.
She developed a writing program at West Virginia Institute of Technology and served as its director for five years. Recently she taught a graduate grant writing course for Boise State’s Educational Technology program for eight years. In addition, she provided two-day workshops for Boise State’s Center for Professional Development on Writing for Clarity in Business.
Her background also includes presentations at workshops for businesses and professionals, as well as publications of articles and books.
Talent Night Networking and Headshot Social!
Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Studio Boise Photography Center, 4619 Emerald St Suite 106, Boise
Join us, the Association for Talent Development Treasure Valley Chapter for night to celebrate talent - your talent! This event includes appetizers, beer or wine, a professional headshot, and networking with other local professionals.
Hosted in partnership with Stackrock Talent and Pixel Studio photography.
Registration is required:
Registration means you agree to the following disclosures:
* This event does not apply to new memberships or memberships after August 31, 2021.
* Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is canceled by ATD TV. In the event of the guest not being able to attend, the money paid towards the ticket can be transferred to an ATD TV Individual Membership.
* All headshots are first come first serve, upon arrival to the studio. A headshot overflow day will be scheduled if we run out of time to take all headshots to ensure all attendees receive their headshots.
* Please follow and comply with all Idaho CDC Covid Guidelines.
* The Association for Talent Development Treasure Valley Chapter assumes no or any Covid liability in any matter or capacity. I release the Association for Talent Development Treasure Valley Chapter from any and all risk and liability.
Check out last year's headshots provided by Pixel Studio.
The Power of LinkedIn: How to Leverage LinkedIn Tools to Enhance Your Profile
Attendees will learn the power of Linkedin starting with how to properly optimize their profiles and touching on growing their professional network. We will discuss Linkedin's algorithm and how to maximize their efforts in using this social media platform.
This presentation supports the Building Professional Capability domain of the ATD capability model.
Brittany Ohnsman has worked in staffing and corporate recruiting. Through her experience, she has always been a candidate advocate. Brittany currently works for CodeWorks, a software development training program, and she helps students land opportunities as developers. She is also going through training to get her NCOPE, which is a certification in writing Linkedin profiles. Within Brittany's current role, she has taken on the role of career coach and often presents on various career service topics.
Copyright © 2019 ATD Treasure Valley. All Rights Reserved.
ATD Treasure Valley Chapter is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. PO Box 190664 Boise, Idaho 83719